• العربية
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Live TV
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Live TV
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • فارسی
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Live TV
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Israel says it killed senior IRGC Quds Force commander in Lebanon

Dec 25, 2025, 15:35 GMT+0Updated: 22:29 GMT+0
File photo of Iran's Revolutionary Guards
File photo of Iran's Revolutionary Guards

The Israeli military said on Thursday it killed a senior operative in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Quds Force (IRGC-QF) in a joint operation with the country's intelligence agency in northeast Lebanon.

“In a joint operation by the IDF and the Shin Bet, Hussein Mahmoud Marshad al-Jawhari, a key operative in the Operations Unit of the Iranian Quds Force, was eliminated,” the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said in a statement posted on X.

"(al-Jawhari) operated under the Iranian Revolutionary Guards and was involved in terror activities directed by Iran against the State of Israel and security forces," the statement added.

The IDF said he was involved in “advancing terrorist attack plans against the State of Israel in the Syria–Lebanon arena.”

It added that al-Jawhari was a key operative in Quds Force’s Unit 840, which the IDF described as “the unit that directs and is responsible for Iranian terrorist activity against the State of Israel.”

The Quds Force, the external arm of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, conducts overseas operations to support allied groups and advance Tehran’s strategic interests.

Lebanon’s state news agency had earlier reported that two people were killed when an Israeli drone struck a vehicle near the Syrian border.

A report by Israel Hayom, citing Israeli officials, said al-Jawhari was killed alongside another operative, identified as Majed Qansoua.

A US-backed ceasefire agreed last November halted more than a year of fighting between Israel and Iran-backed Lebanese group Hezbollah and called for the group to disarm.

Both Israel and Hezbollah have since accused each other of violating the ceasefire.

Israel has been carrying out strikes in Lebanon on an almost daily basis, which it says are aimed at preventing Hezbollah from rebuilding.

Iran, a longtime sponsor of Hezbollah, has rejected international and domestic calls for the group to disarm, arguing that continued Israeli actions justify its armed presence.

Most Viewed

US rules out Iran truce extension as Tehran official sets new deadline
1

US rules out Iran truce extension as Tehran official sets new deadline

2

State TV host sparks backlash over ‘southern Iran for southern Lebanon’ remark

3
INSIGHT

Forced to serve in the IRGC, now fighting to stay in Canada

4
OPINION

For Iranian journalists, exile can last a lifetime

5
VOICES FROM IRAN

Seven months on, January protests still shape Iranians’ lives

Banner
Banner
Banner

Spotlight

  • For Iranian journalists, exile can last a lifetime
    OPINION

    For Iranian journalists, exile can last a lifetime

  • Seven months on, January protests still shape Iranians’ lives
    VOICES FROM IRAN

    Seven months on, January protests still shape Iranians’ lives

  • Forced to serve in the IRGC, now fighting to stay in Canada
    INSIGHT

    Forced to serve in the IRGC, now fighting to stay in Canada

  • Iran’s ‘infiltration’ bill sparks backlash over sweeping reach

    Iran’s ‘infiltration’ bill sparks backlash over sweeping reach

  • To survive maximum pressure, Iran kept pumping and broke its oil company
    ANALYSIS

    To survive maximum pressure, Iran kept pumping and broke its oil company

  • They carry the evidence of Iran’s crackdown on their bodies

    They carry the evidence of Iran’s crackdown on their bodies