• العربية
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • فارسی
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Israeli military says it killed missile commander in western Iran

Apr 2, 2026, 18:31 GMT+1

The Israeli military said on Thursday it had killed Mokarram Azimi, a commander of a surface-to-surface missile unit based in western Iran, during a recent operation.

In a statement, the military said Azimi had been responsible for multiple missile launches toward Israel.

It added that three battalion commanders from the same missile command were also killed in the strike, describing them as figures involved in directing projectile launches toward Israeli territory.

“We will continue to pursue all those who fire missiles at Israel—launchers, missiles and personnel,” the statement said.

Most Viewed

Shortage of opium syrup threatens addiction treatment in Iran
1

Shortage of opium syrup threatens addiction treatment in Iran

2
INSIGHT

Iran’s café culture buckles as everyday life contracts

3
PODCAST

Can Iran’s economy survive a twin squeeze from blockade and blackout?

4

Shared housing spreads in Iran’s deepening rent crisis

Banner
Banner

Spotlight

  • Iran’s café culture buckles as everyday life contracts
    INSIGHT

    Iran’s café culture buckles as everyday life contracts

  • China’s Iran balancing act grows more costly
    ANALYSIS

    China’s Iran balancing act grows more costly

  • Tehran media sees rising risk of war as US talks stall
    INSIGHT

    Tehran media sees rising risk of war as US talks stall

  • Xi may help Trump on Iran, but at a price
    ANALYSIS

    Xi may help Trump on Iran, but at a price

  • How one Tehran hospital became a window into Iran’s January massacre
    SPECIAL REPORT

    How one Tehran hospital became a window into Iran’s January massacre

•
•
•

More Stories

Trump posts bridge strike video, warns Iran: ‘Make a deal or face destruction’

Apr 2, 2026, 17:42 GMT+1

US President Donald Trump posted a video of an airstrike hitting the B1 Bridge west of Tehran, saying, "The biggest bridge in Iran comes tumbling down, never to be used again — Much more to follow!"

"IT IS TIME FOR IRAN TO MAKE A DEAL BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE, AND THERE IS NOTHING LEFT OF WHAT STILL COULD BECOME A GREAT COUNTRY!" he added.

100%

Iran’s state-linked oil traders cash in on war using US waiver - BBG

Apr 2, 2026, 17:01 GMT+1

Sanctioned Iranian oil traders have increased profits from the war as US policy shifts allowed some Tehran-linked shipments to continue, Bloomberg reported Thursday, citing people familiar with the operations and tanker-tracking data.

The report said traders, including Hossein Shamkhani, have been able to move crude through the Strait of Hormuz and benefit from higher global prices, despite earlier US action targeting his shipping network.

It added that a second network linked to Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei has also benefited from the waiver, citing people familiar with the trading activities.

Bloomberg said the US Treasury issued a temporary sanctions waiver allowing Iran-linked vessels to move and sell oil already loaded as of March 20, after the Justice Department moved to seize funds tied to Shamkhani’s network.

That helped Iranian oil, previously sold at a discount, trade at a slight premium to Brent crude, the report said.

The report said Iran’s control of the Strait of Hormuz has enabled its ships to transit while restricting flows from other producers in the Persian Gulf, contributing to supply shortages and higher prices.

Finland’s Stubb urges ceasefire in call with Iran’s Pezeshkian

Apr 2, 2026, 16:55 GMT+1

Finland’s President Alexander Stubb in a call with his Iranian counterpart Masoud Pezeshkian on Thursday called for a diplomatic solution, urging an end to strikes and restoration of navigation in the Strait of Hormuz.

“A ceasefire and a diplomatic solution are urgently needed,” Stubb said on X.

“I emphasized the need to end the strikes on neighbouring countries and restore freedom of navigation in the Strait Hormuz,” he added.

Iran’s IRGC says it targeted Amazon cloud facility in Bahrain

Apr 2, 2026, 16:24 GMT+1

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said on Thursday they had attacked an Amazon cloud computing center in Bahrain, warning of further action against companies it accused of supporting US and Israeli operations, according to an official statement carried by state media.

“After delusional While House rulers ignored our warnings on Wednesday, the Amazon cloud computing center in Bahrain was attacked and destroyed in a first action against spy and terrorist technology companies,” the statement said.

Seven air bases belonging to US and Israeli forces were also attacked in the Wednesday operation, the IRGC added.

“If the assassinations continue, the next companies we have previously announced will be punished much more severely, and responsibility for the complete destruction of these companies in the region lies with the US president himself,” the statement said.

Israel defense minister warned Hezbollah chief over rocket fire

Apr 2, 2026, 14:04 GMT+1

Israel’s defense minister Israel Katz warned Naim Qassem he would “pay a very heavy price” over rocket fire toward Israel.

Katz said Qassem and his associates would face severe consequences for attacks targeting Israeli civilians during the Passover holiday.

“You will not live to see this,” Katz said, adding Qassem would be “in the depths of hell” alongside other leaders Israel has targeted.