• العربية
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • فارسی
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Emirates Global Aluminium says recovery could take 1 year after Iran attack

Apr 3, 2026, 15:54 GMT+1

Emirates Global Aluminium said a full restoration of primary aluminium production at its Al Taweelah smelter in the United Arab Emirates could take up to 12 months after it was hit by an Iranian attack late last month.

“The site, including the smelter and Casthouse, power plant, Al Taweelah alumina refinery, and Al Taweelah recycling plant, was fully evacuated and the facilities entered emergency shutdown,” the company said in a statement on Friday.

Most Viewed

Iran finds a new weapon beneath Hormuz
1
ANALYSIS

Iran finds a new weapon beneath Hormuz

2
INSIGHT

How Iran’s blackout warps online picture of public opinion

3
EXCLUSIVE

How an IRGC-linked money laundering network operates from London

4
INSIGHT

Tehran unsure whether Trump is bluffing or preparing for war

5
INSIGHT

Calls for pragmatism grow in Iran but rulers appear unmoved

Banner
Banner

Spotlight

  • State-backed rallies in Iran add matchmaking stalls to push marriage drive

    State-backed rallies in Iran add matchmaking stalls to push marriage drive

  • Families help identify more victims linked to Alghadir hospital
    SPECIAL REPORT

    Families help identify more victims linked to Alghadir hospital

  • Iranian influencer’s ‘40 days of motherhood’ sparks debate on foster care

    Iranian influencer’s ‘40 days of motherhood’ sparks debate on foster care

  • Calls for pragmatism grow in Iran but rulers appear unmoved
    INSIGHT

    Calls for pragmatism grow in Iran but rulers appear unmoved

  • How Iran’s blackout warps online picture of public opinion
    INSIGHT

    How Iran’s blackout warps online picture of public opinion

  • Tehran unsure whether Trump is bluffing or preparing for war
    INSIGHT

    Tehran unsure whether Trump is bluffing or preparing for war

  • Why Tehran threatens Trump while pursuing diplomacy
    ANALYSIS

    Why Tehran threatens Trump while pursuing diplomacy

  • How an IRGC-linked money laundering network operates from London
    EXCLUSIVE

    How an IRGC-linked money laundering network operates from London

•
•
•

More Stories

Iran governor calls to 'capture or kill' US jet crew

Apr 3, 2026, 15:34 GMT+1

The governor of southwestern Iran’s Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad province, Yadollah Rahmani, urged residents to pursue the crew of a downed US fighter jet, saying those who “capture or kill” them will be specially commended, the semi-official ISNA news agency reported.

“Residents, especially in tribal areas, should make every effort to locate the enemy pilots, with capturing them alive the priority,” the governor said.

“Individuals who succeed in capturing or killing hostile enemy forces will be specially commended by the governorate,” he added.

Search underway for crew of US fighter jet shot down over Iran - Reuters

Apr 3, 2026, 15:08 GMT+1

Reuters cites a US official as saying one American fighter jets was shot down over Iran and that a search operation is underway for the crew.

This confirms earlier reports that had circulated amid the intensifying conflict between Washington and Tehran.

Details about the aircraft and the fate of those on board were not immediately clear.

Blasts reported in southwest Iran’s Khuzestan

Apr 3, 2026, 14:47 GMT+1

Several explosions were reported in cities in southwestern Iran’s Khuzestan province on Friday afternoon, but no casualties have been reported, a provincial official said.

The deputy for security and law enforcement at the Isfahan governor’s office said the blasts occurred between 14:30 and 15:00 local time.

He added that no reports of deaths or injuries had been received.

Iran says US fighter downed as rescue activity reported

Apr 3, 2026, 13:45 GMT+1

Iran said on Friday that a US F-15E fighter jet was shot down over its territory, while Axios reported, citing a source familiar with the incident, that a US fighter jet was downed and a search and rescue effort was underway to locate the crew.

IRGC-affiliated Tasnim News Agency reported that the aircraft was brought down, adding that the pilot’s fate was unknown.

Iranian media also said helicopters and a C-130 aircraft were seen in the area, suggesting a possible search-and-rescue operation, but this could not be confirmed.

There has been no immediate comment from the United States Air Force, and earlier US reports have denied similar claims.

Netanyahu says Israel will keep striking Iran with US coordination

Apr 3, 2026, 13:24 GMT+1

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Friday that Israel would continue striking Iran in coordination with the United States.

“In full coordination between me and President Donald Trump … we will continue to strike Iran,” Netanyahu said in a video statement.

He said Israeli forces were “eliminating commanders, bombing bridges and striking infrastructure,” adding that the campaign had hit Iran’s military and industrial capabilities.

Netanyahu also said Israel’s air force had destroyed 70% of Iran’s steel production capacity, calling it a “tremendous achievement” against the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.