• العربية
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • فارسی
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Over 115k People Sign Petition To Remove US Envoy For Iran

Oct 25, 2022, 13:57 GMT+1Updated: 21:57 GMT+1
US Special Envoy for Iran Robert Malley and Iranian activist Masih Alinejad
US Special Envoy for Iran Robert Malley and Iranian activist Masih Alinejad

Iranian activist Masih Alinejad has launched a campaign to gather signatures from people who believe it is time to remove US Special Envoy for Iran Robert Malley. 

The online campaign, which has so far been signed by over 115,000 people on worldwide nonprofit petition website change.org since it was started on Monday, is organized as a protest to a tweet by the envoy on Sunday that said Iranian protesters want respect from the Islamic Republic. The campaign also aims to remove Malley’s deputy Jarrett Blanc.

The campaigners say while Iranians are seeking a regime change, Joe Biden’s representatives refuse to recognize their demands and their policies are fixated on a nuclear deal with the Islamic Republic.

“Iranians of all ages and social groups are protesting to replace the Islamic Republic, a religious dictatorship, with a democratic and secular form of government. Yet, President Biden’s Iran Envoy, Robert Malley, is misrepresenting the nature of the protests, pushing for negotiations with the Islamic Republic,” the campaign stated. 

Malley minimized the Iran protest movement by portraying it as merely a quest by Iranians to have the government in Tehran “respect their human rights and dignity”, ignoring their call for change, Alinejad said. 

Redeeming his remarks, Malley told Iran International on Monday that that his Sunday tweet on Iran protests, which led to negative reactions, “was poorly worded.”

“It is not up to me; it is not up to the US government what the brave women and men who have been demonstrating in Iran want. It is up to them,” Malley said. 

Most Viewed

Mohsen Rezaei’s son among nine identified in $11-billion Iran oil network
1
EXCLUSIVE

Mohsen Rezaei’s son among nine identified in $11-billion Iran oil network

2
PODCAST

Iran’s rulers turn attention to the threat from within

3
ANALYSIS

War redraws Iran’s trade as ties with key partners plunge

4

Iran weighs gasoline rationing as fuel deficit widens

5

Iran lawmaker played direct role in deadly protest crackdown, witnesses say

Banner
Banner
Banner

Spotlight

  • Mohsen Rezaei’s son among nine identified in $11-billion Iran oil network
    EXCLUSIVE

    Mohsen Rezaei’s son among nine identified in $11-billion Iran oil network

  • Iran’s rulers turn attention to the threat from within
    PODCAST

    Iran’s rulers turn attention to the threat from within

  • War redraws Iran’s trade as ties with key partners plunge
    ANALYSIS

    War redraws Iran’s trade as ties with key partners plunge

  • Sanctions alone cannot topple Iran’s regime, former Treasury official says

    Sanctions alone cannot topple Iran’s regime, former Treasury official says

  • Fear of unrest complicates Iran’s gasoline dilemma
    INSIGHT

    Fear of unrest complicates Iran’s gasoline dilemma

  • Iran’s security reshuffle lays bare political drama at the top
    ANALYSIS

    Iran’s security reshuffle lays bare political drama at the top