• العربية
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • فارسی
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Residents chant anti-government slogans in Tehran

Mar 15, 2026, 21:07 GMT+0

Residents in Tehran’s Saadat Abad neighborhood chanted anti-government slogans on Sunday night, including “Long live the Shah,” “Death to the IRGC and Basij,” and “Death to the Islamic Republic,” according to a video obtained by Iran International.

Most Viewed

Iran’s president defends US talks as he lays bare economic strain
1

Iran’s president defends US talks as he lays bare economic strain

2

Shared housing spreads in Iran’s deepening rent crisis

3

Pezeshkian says Iranians must accept inflation as country is in war

4

Amnesty says Iran drove global surge in executions in 2025

5

IRGC-linked propaganda posts targeted across platforms, Europol says

Banner
Banner

Spotlight

  • Iran’s café culture buckles as everyday life contracts
    INSIGHT

    Iran’s café culture buckles as everyday life contracts

  • China’s Iran balancing act grows more costly
    ANALYSIS

    China’s Iran balancing act grows more costly

  • Tehran media sees rising risk of war as US talks stall
    INSIGHT

    Tehran media sees rising risk of war as US talks stall

  • Xi may help Trump on Iran, but at a price
    ANALYSIS

    Xi may help Trump on Iran, but at a price

  • How one Tehran hospital became a window into Iran’s January massacre
    SPECIAL REPORT

    How one Tehran hospital became a window into Iran’s January massacre

•
•
•

More Stories

Fifth Iranian women’s football player withdraws asylum claim in Australia - report

Mar 15, 2026, 21:00 GMT+0

The Australian federal government has confirmed that a fifth member of Iran’s women’s football team withdrew her asylum claim and left the country overnight, ABC News Australia reported.

Seven members of the team, including a player handler, were granted humanitarian visas by the Australian government last week while they were in the country for the Asian Cup tournament.

Earlier Iran International reported that a member of the women’s national football team staff who sought asylum in Australia along with several of her players is trying to persuade the others not to follow suit but instead return to Iran.


Starmer discusses Strait of Hormuz with Trump, Carney, Downing Street says

Mar 15, 2026, 20:10 GMT+0

British Prime Minister Keir Starmer discussed reopening the Strait of Hormuz to end disruption to global shipping in calls with US President Donald Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney, a Downing Street spokeswoman said on Sunday.

Starmer spoke with Trump about the need to reopen the strategic waterway, the spokeswoman said.

He also spoke with Carney, with the two leaders discussing the impact of the strait’s continued closure on international shipping.

Starmer and Carney agreed to continue talks on the Middle East conflict at a meeting on Monday, the spokeswoman added.

Air defenses engage drones over Tehran, witnesses say

Mar 15, 2026, 20:03 GMT+0

Air defense systems were heard engaging drones over parts of Tehran on Sunday night, according to eyewitness accounts.

Witnesses in western Tehran reported hearing air defense activity and explosions at around 22:09 local time.

Air defense activity was also reported in southeast Tehran at around 21:26 local time.

In central Tehran, around Jomhouri and Enghelab streets, residents said they heard air defenses firing at drones in the sky on Sunday evening.

Exiled prince Reza Pahlavi calls for diaspora protests outside Iranian embassies

Mar 15, 2026, 19:54 GMT+0

Iran’s exiled prince Reza Pahlavi urged Iranians abroad to protest outside Iranian embassies during Charshanbeh Suri, an ancient Iranian fire festival held before Nowruz, the Persian New Year.

“My compatriots… this year, we will mark Charshanbeh Suri with solemn national pride in memory of the brave souls who have sacrificed their lives to reclaim Iran and our national identity,” Pahlavi wrote in a message posted on X.

“I call on all Iranians abroad to gather on Charshanbeh Suri in front of the regime’s embassies around the world and shout with one voice: the Iranian nation will not rest until Iran is liberated and the Islamic Republic is consigned to history,” he added.

Pahlavi also urged US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to monitor developments during the festival to ensure Iranian authorities do not use violence against people marking the day inside the country.

“By celebrating the glorious tradition of Charshanbeh Suri, we welcome Norooz and the spring of Iranian freedom, and we show the world that the day of Iran’s liberation draws near,” he said.

Iran says many newer missiles remain unused, IRGC spokesman says

Mar 15, 2026, 19:15 GMT+0

Most of the missiles Iran is currently firing were produced about a decade ago, while many newer missiles developed after the 12-day war in June have not yet been used, the spokesperson for the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps said.

He also challenged US President Donald Trump’s statement that US forces had destroyed Iran’s navy.

“Does Donald Trump not say he has destroyed Iran’s navy? If so, then if he has the courage, let him bring his ships into the Persian Gulf,” Ali Mohammad Naeini said.