• العربية
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Live TV
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Live TV
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • فارسی
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Live TV
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Iran's Parliament Speaker Warns Of ‘Harsher Responses’ Against Israel

Apr 14, 2024, 14:51 GMT+1
Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf
Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf

Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf has warned Israel of “harsher responses” if there is counteraction to Sunday's aerial bombardment.

During his Sunday speech Ghalibaf claimed Iran's military aerial bombardment launched Saturday night was a “legitimate response to aggressions against its diplomatic facilities, aligning with United Nations guidelines," referring to the alleged Israeli airstrike on the Iranian consulate in Damascus earlier this month which killed two senior Quds Force commanders and other IRGC personnel.

His statement was followed by the parliament members' reactions, who chanted "Death to Israel!" following the attack on Israeli soil.

Meanwhile Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei’s account on X published a post claiming that Israel had been punished, failing to acknowledge the fact that of the roughly 350 projectiles sent to Israel from Iran, the first such attack of its kind, 99 percent were intercepted by Israel, the US, UK, Jordan and France.

Iran's Army Commander-in-Chief Abdolrahim Mousavi also threatened that “if Israel persists in its actions, this time it will face a harsher and heavier punishment." He threatened the United States that if its bases are used to respond to an attack, "they will be considered operational targets and will be targeted."

Iran's mission to the UN shared a message claiming that it considered the operation "deemed concluded". "However, should the Israeli regime make another mistake, Iran’s response will be considerably more severe," it warned. "It is a conflict between Iran and the rogue Israeli regime, from which the US MUST STAY AWAY!"

Praising the Israeli defensive operation, Israel's defense minister, Yoav Gallant, said, "The IDF operated in an extraordinary manner overnight, and will continue to be prepared for every scenario. The campaign is not over yet and we are alert and strong."


Most Viewed

With the war quieting, Iran's hijab crackdown gathers pace again
1

With the war quieting, Iran's hijab crackdown gathers pace again

2
ANALYSIS

Turkey’s gas pivot leaves Iran with fewer cards to play

3
INSIGHT

Ghalibaf's hunger warning sparks hardline backlash over showing weakness

4

Iran leaders sound economic alarms under Trump’s Economic D-Day

5

Trans woman prisoner says she was raped in Iran Intelligence Ministry detention

Banner
Banner
Banner

Spotlight

  • Ghalibaf's hunger warning sparks hardline backlash over showing weakness
    INSIGHT

    Ghalibaf's hunger warning sparks hardline backlash over showing weakness

  • Iran crude loadings plunge to one-seventh of pre-war level as blockade bites
    ANALYSIS

    Iran crude loadings plunge to one-seventh of pre-war level as blockade bites

  • Turkey’s gas pivot leaves Iran with fewer cards to play
    ANALYSIS

    Turkey’s gas pivot leaves Iran with fewer cards to play

  • Can Iran's fragile economy survive Trump's 'Economic D-Day'?
    ANALYSIS

    Can Iran's fragile economy survive Trump's 'Economic D-Day'?

  • The unlikely return of European diplomacy in the Iran-US conflict
    ANALYSIS

    The unlikely return of European diplomacy in the Iran-US conflict

  • For Iranian journalists, exile can last a lifetime
    OPINION

    For Iranian journalists, exile can last a lifetime