• العربية
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • فارسی
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Graham tells Trump: ‘Stick to your guns’ on Iran deal

May 24, 2026, 18:12 GMT+1

“President Trump: Stick to your guns in getting a good deal with Iran,” Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said on X.

“If in fact as a result of these negotiations to end the Iranian conflict, our Arab and Muslim allies in the region agreed to join the Abraham Accords, it would make this agreement one of the most consequential in the history of the Middle East,” he added.

Most Viewed

Hope for US-Iran deal faces hardliner hostility in Tehran
1
INSIGHT

Hope for US-Iran deal faces hardliner hostility in Tehran

2

Iran, US edge toward deal to end war and reopen Hormuz

3
VOICES FROM IRAN

Citizens voice anger, distrust over possible US-Iran deal

4

Iran cleric says hijab should not divide wartime mobilization

5

Iran’s digital market buckles after war disrupts imports

Banner
Banner

Spotlight

  • Trump’s strongest leverage over Tehran may run through Beijing
    PODCAST

    Trump’s strongest leverage over Tehran may run through Beijing

  • Pakistan continues quiet push to stop another Iran war
    ANALYSIS

    Pakistan continues quiet push to stop another Iran war

  • Iran scrambles for Omani back channel around the Hormuz blockade
    INSIGHT

    Iran scrambles for Omani back channel around the Hormuz blockade

  • From pulpits to parliament, why Iran’s officials speak in threats
    OPINION

    From pulpits to parliament, why Iran’s officials speak in threats

  • Why oil giant Iran struggles to supply gasoline
    ANALYSIS

    Why oil giant Iran struggles to supply gasoline

  • The strange afterlife of Iran’s firebrand president
    INSIGHT

    The strange afterlife of Iran’s firebrand president

•
•
•

More Stories

Iran demands access to $12B in Qatar funds as precondition for US MoU

May 24, 2026, 18:07 GMT+1

Iranian negotiators are demanding the immediate release of $12 billion in frozen assets held in Qatar as a precondition for advancing talks with the United States, an informed source with direct knowledge of the negotiations told Iran International.

Click here to read the full article.

  • Iran demands access to $12B in Qatar funds as precondition for US MoU

    Iran demands access to $12B in Qatar funds as precondition for US MoU

Iran demands access to $12B in Qatar funds as precondition for US MoU

May 24, 2026, 18:00 GMT+1

Iranian negotiators are demanding the immediate release of $12 billion in frozen assets held in Qatar as a precondition for advancing talks with the United States, an informed source with direct knowledge of the negotiations told Iran International.

According to the source, the release of these specific funds in Qatar is a strict precondition for the initial Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) stage.

Tehran has insisted that actual, guaranteed access to this $12 billion must be granted during this first phase before any preliminary diplomatic understanding can move forward, the source said.

The source emphasized that this $12 billion represents only the immediate tranche required to initiate the diplomatic roadmap, and is not the only capital Iran is claiming.

Tehran's broader negotiating position is that all of its frozen assets globally must be unfrozen and fully released as part of any eventual comprehensive agreement, according to the source.

Earlier in the day, IRGC-linked Tasnim News reported that differences between Iran and the United States over one or two clauses of a possible memorandum of understanding remained unresolved.

Tasnim also reported on Sunday that Iran has insisted any initial memorandum of understanding with the United States should include the release of at least part of its frozen assets in the first step.

The report said Tehran had stressed that the released funds must be accessible to Iran.

It added that Washington had sought in recent weeks to link the release of the assets to a possible final nuclear agreement.

Iran wants part of the funds released at the start of any MOU and a mechanism set for releasing the rest during negotiations, according to the report.

Later in the day, Tasnim said US obstruction of some clauses in a potential agreement with Iran, including the release of Tehran’s blocked assets, was still continuing.

Accordingly, there is still a possibility that the agreement could be canceled, Tasnim's report added.

In April, Reuters reported that Washington had agreed to release $6 billion in frozen Iranian assets held in Qatar and other banks.
The funds, linked to Iranian oil sales to South Korea, were moved to Qatari accounts under a 2023 prisoner swap but remained restricted to humanitarian use under US oversight, according to the report.

Donald Trump Jr. calls possible Iran deal a ‘huge win’

May 24, 2026, 17:12 GMT+1

Donald Trump Jr. on Sunday said a possible agreement with Iran would be a “HUGE win for America.”

“We need to ignore the people who won't be happy until there is a ground invasion of Iran,” Trump Jr. wrote on X

My father promised to stop Iran from getting a nuclear weapon and that's exactly what he is achieving!!!” he added.

Trump Jr. was responding to reports citing US officials saying Iran’s Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei had approved the broad framework of a draft agreement involving the disposal of highly enriched uranium in exchange for lifting the US blockade.

US official says Iran deal must address Tehran's enriched stockpile - Fox News

May 24, 2026, 16:25 GMT+1

On the nuclear issue, the current plan is to deal with Iran's entire stockpile of enriched material, Fox News correspondent said on X Sunday citing a senior Trump administration official.

“If the Iranians make significant accommodations on the enrichment question then we will make significant accommodations on sanctions relief,” the US official was quoted as saying.

“If you have a final deal where the Iranian are enriching, then you don't have a final deal,” the official added.

Netanyahu says Trump agrees final Iran deal must remove nuclear threat

May 24, 2026, 15:59 GMT+1

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he and US President Donald Trump agreed that any final agreement with Iran must remove the nuclear threat.

My policy, like President Trump’s policy, remains unchanged: Iran will not have nuclear weapons, Netanyahu said.

Netanyahu also said Trump reiterated Israel’s right to defend itself against threats on all fronts, including Lebanon.