• العربية
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • فارسی
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Trump ultimatum brought world close to disaster, Spain says

Apr 8, 2026, 08:25 GMT+1

The world came perilously close to disaster after US President Donald Trump threatened to wipe out Iranian civilization in an ultimatum to Tehran, Spain’s foreign minister said on Wednesday following the announcement of a ceasefire.

Jose Manuel Albares told RNE radio that Trump’s ultimatum was “absolutely unassumable for humankind” and said it was too early to determine whether the conflict was truly over.

He added that threats of that kind must be taken seriously when they come from the leader of a military superpower.

Most Viewed

The strange afterlife of Iran’s firebrand president
1
INSIGHT

The strange afterlife of Iran’s firebrand president

2
INSIGHT

Hope for US-Iran deal faces hardliner hostility in Tehran

3
INSIGHT

Iran scrambles for Omani back channel around the Hormuz blockade

4
INSIGHT

Iran can build missiles but can't afford chicken

5
ANALYSIS

Pakistan continues quiet push to stop another Iran war

Banner
Banner

Spotlight

  • Trump’s strongest leverage over Tehran may run through Beijing
    PODCAST

    Trump’s strongest leverage over Tehran may run through Beijing

  • Pakistan continues quiet push to stop another Iran war
    ANALYSIS

    Pakistan continues quiet push to stop another Iran war

  • Iran scrambles for Omani back channel around the Hormuz blockade
    INSIGHT

    Iran scrambles for Omani back channel around the Hormuz blockade

  • From pulpits to parliament, why Iran’s officials speak in threats
    OPINION

    From pulpits to parliament, why Iran’s officials speak in threats

  • Why oil giant Iran struggles to supply gasoline
    ANALYSIS

    Why oil giant Iran struggles to supply gasoline

  • The strange afterlife of Iran’s firebrand president
    INSIGHT

    The strange afterlife of Iran’s firebrand president

•
•
•

More Stories

Macron warns Lebanon situation remains critical despite US-Iran ceasefire

Apr 8, 2026, 08:17 GMT+1

The situation in Lebanon remains critical and must be addressed as part of the ceasefire between Iran and the United States, French President Emmanuel Macron said on Wednesday.

Speaking at the start of a defense meeting with advisers and cabinet members, Macron warned that the conflict in Lebanon could not be separated from broader efforts to de-escalate tensions in the region.

Macron also welcomed the ceasefire, calling it a step toward easing tensions after weeks of escalation.

EU’s Kallas says Hormuz must be open again, backs mediation

Apr 8, 2026, 08:09 GMT+1

The Strait of Hormuz must be open for passage again, EU foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas said, calling a US-Iran ceasefire agreement a step back from the brink after weeks of escalation.

Kallas said the door to mediation must remain open because the underlying causes of the war remain unresolved. She also said she had spoken with Pakistani Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar.

Her remarks came as international diplomats backed efforts to preserve the two-week ceasefire and prevent further disruption to shipping through the strategic waterway.

India to receive first Iranian oil shipment in seven years, tracking data show

Apr 8, 2026, 07:38 GMT+1

India is set to receive Iranian oil this week for the first time in seven years, according to ship-tracking data from LSEG and Kpler cited by Reuters.

The shipment follows a temporary US easing of sanctions on Iranian oil and refined products aimed at relieving supply shortages.

India’s oil ministry said last week that refiners had bought Iranian oil as the Middle East war disrupted flows through the Strait of Hormuz.

Iran arrests six over alleged enemy links

Apr 8, 2026, 07:30 GMT+1

Six people were arrested in North Khorasan province in northeastern Iran over alleged links to what the government considers “hostile networks,” according to the provincial prosecutor.

The prosecutor said the detainees had been in contact by phone and text message with opposition media outlets and acted against national security and national interests.

He said some of them had provided information, including videos and images from different locations, to the outlets.

According to the prosecutor, the material was meant to help Iran’s adversaries identify targets.

UK says Starmer to push for lasting reopening of Hormuz

Apr 8, 2026, 07:20 GMT+1

British Prime Minister Keir Starmer will hold talks with the UK’s allies on his trip to the Middle East on ensuring that the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz remains permanent, the UK government said.

Starmer welcomed the ceasefire agreement reached between the United States and Iran overnight, saying it would bring a moment of relief to the region and the world.

The talks are part of wider diplomatic efforts to prevent renewed disruption in the strategic waterway and preserve the fragile truce.