• العربية
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • فارسی
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Iran has drafted response to mediators, foreign ministry says

Apr 6, 2026, 09:58 GMT+1

Iran has drafted its response to proposals conveyed through mediators and will announce it when necessary, the foreign ministry spokesman said on Monday.

Esmaeil Baghaei said negotiations could not take place under threats, warning that US threats to target infrastructure would amount to war crimes.

He added that Iran’s focus remained on defending the country amid ongoing attacks, while diplomacy continued alongside military efforts.

The foreign ministry spokesman said proposals, including a 15-point US plan relayed via Pakistan and other countries, were “excessive, unusual and unreasonable” and not acceptable to Tehran.

Most Viewed

How Iran’s blackout warps online picture of public opinion
1
INSIGHT

How Iran’s blackout warps online picture of public opinion

2
EXCLUSIVE

How an IRGC-linked money laundering network operates from London

3
INSIGHT

Tehran unsure whether Trump is bluffing or preparing for war

4
INSIGHT

Calls for pragmatism grow in Iran but rulers appear unmoved

5
ANALYSIS

Why Tehran threatens Trump while pursuing diplomacy

Banner
Banner

Spotlight

  • The strange afterlife of Iran’s firebrand president
    INSIGHT

    The strange afterlife of Iran’s firebrand president

  • State-backed rallies in Iran add matchmaking stalls to push marriage drive

    State-backed rallies in Iran add matchmaking stalls to push marriage drive

  • Families help identify more victims linked to Alghadir hospital
    SPECIAL REPORT

    Families help identify more victims linked to Alghadir hospital

  • Iranian influencer’s ‘40 days of motherhood’ sparks debate on foster care

    Iranian influencer’s ‘40 days of motherhood’ sparks debate on foster care

  • Calls for pragmatism grow in Iran but rulers appear unmoved
    INSIGHT

    Calls for pragmatism grow in Iran but rulers appear unmoved

  • How Iran’s blackout warps online picture of public opinion
    INSIGHT

    How Iran’s blackout warps online picture of public opinion

•
•
•

More Stories

Israel says it killed IRGC intelligence chief in Tehran

Apr 6, 2026, 09:19 GMT+1

Israel’s defense minister confirmed on Monday that the Israeli military had killed Major General Majid Khademi, head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards intelligence organization, in Tehran overnight.

Defense Minister Israel Katz said he had been informed by the military chief that Khademi was among the three most senior figures in the organization and was directly responsible for attacks on Israeli civilians.

The statement came after the IRGC said Khademi had been killed in a US-Israeli strike.

Katz said Israel would continue targeting senior Islamic Republic officials and infrastructure if missile fire on Israeli civilians continued.

Iran says it struck US New Camp on Kuwait’s Bubiyan Island

Apr 6, 2026, 09:01 GMT+1

A spokesperson for the unified command of Iran’s armed forces said Tehran had struck US New Camp on Kuwait’s Bubiyan Island, according to an Iranian statement.

Ebrahim Zolfaghari said Iran targeted satellite equipment and munitions on the island with drones, adding that US forces had relocated there from Arifjan camp after that base was repeatedly struck by Iran.

Bubiyan island is the largest of Kuwait's coastal islands chain, located in the northwest of the Persian Gulf.

IRGC intelligence chief killed in attack, Guards say

Apr 6, 2026, 08:31 GMT+1

The head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps intelligence organization, Major General Majid Khademi, was killed in a US-Israeli strike, according to a Guards statement carried by Fars news agency on Monday.

The statement said Khademi had played a major role in Iran’s intelligence and security apparatus over nearly five decades.

It said funeral and burial arrangements would be announced later.

Iran says it is reviewing peace plan but not open to temporary truce - Reuters

Apr 6, 2026, 08:23 GMT+1

Iran is reviewing Pakistan’s proposal for an immediate ceasefire but is not open to a “temporary ceasefire,” a senior Iranian official told Reuters on Monday.

The official said Tehran would not reopen the Strait of Hormuz in exchange for a temporary truce and viewed Washington as not ready for a permanent ceasefire.

The official also said Iran would not accept pressure to make a decision under deadlines.

‘Islamabad Accord’ sent to Iran, US envisions Monday ceasefire

Apr 6, 2026, 08:18 GMT+1

Iran and the United States have received a proposal to end hostilities that could take effect on Monday and reopen the Strait of Hormuz, according to Reuters citing a source familiar with the plan.

The source said a framework had been drawn up by Pakistan and exchanged overnight with both sides. It envisions a two-stage approach, with an immediate ceasefire followed by a broader agreement.

“All elements need to be agreed today,” the source said, adding that the initial understanding would take the form of a memorandum of understanding finalized electronically through Pakistan, described as the sole communication channel in the talks.

According to the source, Pakistan’s army chief, Field Marshal Asim Munir, had been in contact “all night long” with US Vice President JD Vance, special envoy Steve Witkoff and Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi.

Under the proposal, a ceasefire would begin immediately and the Strait of Hormuz would reopen, with 15 to 20 days set aside to finalize a wider settlement.

The source said the plan, tentatively called the “Islamabad Accord,” would include a regional framework for the strait and culminate in in-person talks in Islamabad.

Continue reading...