• العربية
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • فارسی
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Iran’s Khuzestan Steel says repairs may take up to a year after strikes

Apr 2, 2026, 08:30 GMT+1

Iran’s Khuzestan Steel Company said on Thursday that repairs to damaged facilities could take between six months and one year after recent strikes.

Mehran Pakbin, deputy for operations at the company, said all modules and steelmaking furnaces at the complex in Ahvaz had been damaged.

Last week that US and Israeli strikes hit two of the country’s largest steel producers, including Mobarakeh Steel Company and Khuzestan Steel.

Pakbin said restarting the units would take at least six months and up to a year, adding the company aimed to rebuild using domestic expertise.

Most Viewed

Iran finds a new weapon beneath Hormuz
1
ANALYSIS

Iran finds a new weapon beneath Hormuz

2
INSIGHT

How Iran’s blackout warps online picture of public opinion

3
EXCLUSIVE

How an IRGC-linked money laundering network operates from London

4
INSIGHT

Tehran unsure whether Trump is bluffing or preparing for war

5
INSIGHT

Calls for pragmatism grow in Iran but rulers appear unmoved

Banner
Banner

Spotlight

  • State-backed rallies in Iran add matchmaking stalls to push marriage drive

    State-backed rallies in Iran add matchmaking stalls to push marriage drive

  • Families help identify more victims linked to Alghadir hospital
    SPECIAL REPORT

    Families help identify more victims linked to Alghadir hospital

  • Iranian influencer’s ‘40 days of motherhood’ sparks debate on foster care

    Iranian influencer’s ‘40 days of motherhood’ sparks debate on foster care

  • Calls for pragmatism grow in Iran but rulers appear unmoved
    INSIGHT

    Calls for pragmatism grow in Iran but rulers appear unmoved

  • How Iran’s blackout warps online picture of public opinion
    INSIGHT

    How Iran’s blackout warps online picture of public opinion

  • Tehran unsure whether Trump is bluffing or preparing for war
    INSIGHT

    Tehran unsure whether Trump is bluffing or preparing for war

  • Why Tehran threatens Trump while pursuing diplomacy
    ANALYSIS

    Why Tehran threatens Trump while pursuing diplomacy

  • How an IRGC-linked money laundering network operates from London
    EXCLUSIVE

    How an IRGC-linked money laundering network operates from London

•
•
•

More Stories

China urges de-escalation, says military action cannot solve Iran crisis

Apr 2, 2026, 08:12 GMT+1

China’s foreign ministry on Thursday urged parties to de-escalate tensions over Iran, saying military means cannot resolve the crisis.

The ministry called on all sides to stop military operations and avoid further harm to the global economy and energy security, following remarks by US President Donald Trump.

It said the root cause of tensions around the Strait of Hormuz was what it described as an illegal military operation in Iran.

China also said all parties needed to work together to keep the route safe and prevent escalation.

Iran adviser says Strait of Hormuz open but warns enemies

Apr 2, 2026, 07:44 GMT+1

A senior adviser to Iran’s supreme leader said on Thursday the Strait of Hormuz would remain open to global shipping but warned it would be closed to enemies of the Iranian people and their regional bases.

“The Strait of Hormuz remains open to the world; however, it will always be closed to the enemies of the Iranian people and their bases in the region,” Ali Akbar Velayati said.

He added that any war would end with Iran’s “prudence and strength,” and not with what he described as the “delusions and wishful thinking of aggressors.”

Islamic Republic sole legitimate representative of Iranians, foreign ministry says

Apr 2, 2026, 07:28 GMT+1

The Islamic Republic is the only legitimate representative of Iranians and attacks on its leadership have not weakened national resolve, the foreign ministry said.

“The government of Iran is the legitimate representative of the nation, and the assassination of leaders has not disrupted the national will,” said spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei.

He said Iran had received messages through mediators, including Pakistan, but ruled out direct talks with Washington, describing US demands as “maximalist and unreasonable.”

Baghaei added that Washington had entered the conflict due to miscalculation and Israeli influence.

He said Iran would not accept a recurring cycle of war, negotiations and ceasefire, and warned that Tehran would respond forcefully.

US and Israel misjudged Iran military power, spokesman says

Apr 2, 2026, 06:49 GMT+1

Assessments by US and Israeli officials of Iran’s military capacity are incomplete, said an Iranian military spokesman on Thursday and warned against underestimating the country’s capabilities.

The facilities targeted were limited in scale, the spokesman for Khatam al-Anbiya Central Headquarters said, adding that key military production continued elsewhere.

He also warned that those responsible for strikes on Iran would face consequences and said Tehran would carry out stronger and more extensive retaliatory actions.

New pipelines seen as key to cutting Hormuz exposure - FT

Apr 2, 2026, 05:25 GMT+1

New pipelines may be the only way to reduce the Persian Gulf countries’ enduring vulnerability to disruption in the Strait of Hormuz, the Financial Times reported on Thursday, citing officials and industry executives.

Such projects would be expensive, politically complex and take years to complete, according to the report.

Any new pipelines would, over the longer term, likely form part of broader trade routes through which a wider range of goods beyond oil and gas could flow, read the report.