• العربية
  • فارسی
Brand
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Live TV
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Live TV
  • Theme
  • Language
    • العربية
    • فارسی
  • Iran Insight
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Analysis
  • Special Report
  • Opinion
  • Podcast
  • Live TV
All rights reserved for Volant Media UK Limited
volant media logo

Lebanon Says Hezbollah Pledges Not To Join War With Israel

Oct 9, 2023, 15:44 GMT+1Updated: 06:13 GMT+1
Lebanese Foreign Minister Abdallah Bou Habib gestures as he speaks during an interview with Reuters at his office at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Beirut, Lebanon November 2, 2021.
Lebanese Foreign Minister Abdallah Bou Habib gestures as he speaks during an interview with Reuters at his office at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Beirut, Lebanon November 2, 2021.

Lebanese Foreign Minister Abdallah Bouhabib has officially confirmed that Hezbollah has committed to refrain from participating in any hostilities unless provoked by Israel.

On Sunday, Hezbollah fired rockets and shells at Israeli positions in a disputed area along the northern border. Soon after, Israel retaliated with armed drones. No injuries were reported on either side.

The Iran-backed terror group -- Iran's most powerful proxy -- cited their actions as an act of solidarity with the ongoing Hamas aggressions in the region.

In an official statement, the Hezbollah attributed the act as a demonstration of support for the "Palestinian resistance". The UN's peacekeeping troops, UNIFIL, have bolstered their presence in the border region since Saturday to prevent escalation.

The Israeli Ministry of Health has announced that in the Hamas attacks on the country, at least 800 Israelis have been killed, and 2,382 people have been injured so far. According to the report, 22 of the injured are in critical condition. In Israel's retaliatory attacks on the Gaza Strip, 493 people have lost their lives so far, and 2,750 people have been injured.

Yoav Gallant, the Israeli Defense Minister, issued a full blockade order on Gaza on Monday, stating that they have cut off electricity and will block the entry of food and fuel to the enclave.

Most Viewed

Tehran gas stations run dry as fuel price hike fears mount
1
VOICES FROM IRAN

Tehran gas stations run dry as fuel price hike fears mount

2

Iran campaign urges people to fund sacrifice of 10,000 sheep for Khamenei’s health

3
ANALYSIS

The unlikely return of European diplomacy in the Iran-US conflict

4

Trump says Hormuz open as reports point to weaker Iran control

5

A poem hailed as Khamenei's prophecy is an acrostic: Born of Satan

Banner
Banner
Banner

Spotlight

  • Turkey’s gas pivot leaves Iran with fewer cards to play
    ANALYSIS

    Turkey’s gas pivot leaves Iran with fewer cards to play

  • With the war quieting, Iran's hijab crackdown gathers pace again

    With the war quieting, Iran's hijab crackdown gathers pace again

  • UAE trade halt threatens one of Iran’s remaining economic lifelines
    ANALYSIS

    UAE trade halt threatens one of Iran’s remaining economic lifelines

  • Can Iran's fragile economy survive Trump's 'Economic D-Day'?
    ANALYSIS

    Can Iran's fragile economy survive Trump's 'Economic D-Day'?

  • The unlikely return of European diplomacy in the Iran-US conflict
    ANALYSIS

    The unlikely return of European diplomacy in the Iran-US conflict

  • For Iranian journalists, exile can last a lifetime
    OPINION

    For Iranian journalists, exile can last a lifetime