Mohammad Sarafraz, the former chief of Iranian state Radio and TV (file photo)

Mohammad Sarafraz, the former chief of Iranian state Radio and TV

Former Head Of Iran’s State TV Condemns Killing Of Protesters

Thursday, 11/24/2022

The former chief of Iranian state Radio and TV has condemned the killing of protesters by the regime saying those who order deadly violence are “murderers”.

Mohammad Sarafraz in a tweet on Thursday said, “government officials who kill unarmed people and defenseless women and children and the commanders who give orders are murderers.”

“They will be punished for their acts both in this world and in the court of divine justice,” underlined Sarafraz.

His comments show that there are some regime figures who are upset with Supreme Leader’s policies. As commander in chief of armed forces and in control of intelligence services, Khamenei is seen as responsible for the deaths of more than 400 people since September.

There has been no reaction from officials to Sarazfraz’s comments, but the regime has dealt with iron fist against any outspoken figure who expressed support for the protest movement so far.

This is not the first time Sarafraz criticizes the regime. As an experienced media executive, he had subtly and indirectly blamed Khamenei for systemic corruption and decay within the Islamic Republic.

Earlier, he wrote in his memoires extensively about the role of Ali Khamenei’s son Mojtaba and his involvement in financial corruption.

In November 2014, Sarafraz was appointed as the new chief of IRIB, however, he resigned from his post due to illness in May 2016.

Later in an interview with Shargh daily, Sarafraz said the “interference and meddling of intelligence organizations in IRIB’s internal affairs” was one of the reasons he abruptly resigned just 18 months into a five-year term.

G4 Protest Special - Evening (12\')
IITV News (54) - DC
IITV News (54) - DC

Share your story

Send your Videos and Photos to us